Does an employer need to make an additional financial contribution to the program in order to participate?
- No. However, the AMT encourages employers to supplement the monthly discount offered by the AMT and its partners. The provincial government offers certain tax deductions.
- If employers choose to contribute to the program financially, they may adjust the amount of their contribution at any time within the established dates.
What kind of discount will employees receive?
- The AMT and its partners automatically offer a monthly 8.33% discount.
- This discount is applied monthly to the fare of the selected transit pass.
- The employer may supplement this discount and modify it at any time.
Are employers and employees eligible for tax credits or deductions?
- Employers that provide a mass transit pass to their employees or who reimburse the cost of the pass are entitled to deduct 100% of the expense from their business income, according to Revenu Québec regulations.
- Employees are eligible for a tax credit from Revenue Canada. When an employer supplements the AMT discount, the amount absorbed by the employer is not taxable by Revenu Québec.
How can employers become a member of the OPUS+ Enterprise program?
- Employers must complete the online membership form and provide, among other things, the following information:
- Contact information
- Name of contact person
- Indicate if they wish to supplement the AMT discount
- Sign the OPUS+ Enterprise employer agreement and send it to the AMT.
- Employers should then allow five business days for their account to be activated.
- Employers will then receive an identification code to distribute to their employees, who will fill out their own membership applications in turn.
- Employers must then validate employee membership requests. Employees may subscribe directly through the AMT Website. There will be no contractual obligation between employers and employees.
- Employers may access their account online at any time to track the number of subscribed employees, the total payable each month, etc.
- Employers may contact AMT Customer Service at any time for personalized support throughout the length of the membership (514-287-8726, option 3).
What payment methods are accepted?
Employers may choose from the following three payment methods:
- Automatic debit from bank account
- Automatic charge to credit card
Payments will be processed automatically between the 25th and 30th day of each month.
For more information
- Please call the AMT at 514-287-8726 and select option 3 to speak with an agent.