INFORMATION FOR EMPLOYEES
Am I entitled to tax credits?
- You will benefit from a Revenue Canada tax credit.
- If your employer supplements the discount offered by the AMT, this additional amount is not taxable by Revenu Québec.
How can I join the program?
- Your employer must first become a member of the OPUS+ Enterprise program (see employers section).
- Once your employer has subscribed, you will receive your business identification code. You will then be invited to subscribe directly online at the address provided to you.
- Your employer must then validate your membership request.
- Your membership is of no set duration, but you must remain a member for at least 12 consecutive months in order to receive the 8.33% discount offered by the AMT. You may be required to reimburse the amount of the discount if you cancel your membership before the end of the 12 consecutive months. For more information, please see the section Can I cancel my membership at any time?.
- Your membership will be activated the month following your first payment, which will be processed between the 11th and (at the latest) the 15th day of the month. You must submit your membership request on or before the 9th day of the month. For example, if you submit your membership request (validated by your employer) on January 10, your membership will be activated on the 1st of February. However, if your request is submitted on January 16, your membership will begin on the 1st of March.
- Once your membership request has been validated by your employer and the payment has been processed, you will receive a free OPUS card in the mail. It will be valid for the next 12 months.
- Monthly payments will be automatically charged to your credit card or deducted from your bank account, depending on the payment method you have chosen. Payments will be processed between the 11th and 15th (inclusive) day of the month.
- After 12 consecutive months, you will receive a new card in the mail and your membership will be renewed automatically and you do not need to take any further action. Your membership will end only if you or your employer decides to terminate your subscription.
What payment methods are accepted?
You may choose from the following two payment methods:
- Automatic debit from bank account
- Automatic charge to credit card
Payments will be processed automatically between the 11th and 15th day of each month.
Can I cancel my membership at any time?
- Please note, if you cancel your membership before the end of the 12-month subscription, you must reimburse the amount discounted monthly by the AMT.
- However, you may cancel your membership without having to reimburse the monthly AMT discount for any of the following reasons, provided you give proof of such to AMT Customer Service on or before the 10th day of the month preceding the end of membership (for example, to cancel your membership in March, you must submit your cancellation request by February 10 at the latest):
- preventative withdrawal, maternity, paternity or parental leave;
- extended medical leave, disability recognized by the employer;
- change of residence that significantly modifies the route between the home and place of work;
- job transfer or new assignment that significantly modifies the route between the home and place of work;
- in the event you become eligible for a reduced AMT fare;
- unilateral modification of the membership contract by the AMT, carried out in accordance with section 11.2 of the Consumer Protection Act, R.S.Q. c. P-40.1;
- termination of the present contract by the employer;
- discretionary termination of the membership by the AMT;
- termination by the employee on or before the 10th day of the 11th month of the 12-month period.
For more information
- Please call the AMT at 514-287-8726.